Solar Battery Storage in Logan, Utah
Helping Solar Customers in Utah and Idaho Store Renewable Energy for Later Use
Harness the full potential of your solar power system with Platinum Solar's top-notch solar battery storage solutions. Our battery storage services let you maintain a private reservoir of clean energy that you can use at night, on rainy days, or during peak energy use hours. Solar battery storage also gives you an opportunity to maximize your energy independence, reduce your carbon footprint, and make the most of your investment in solar energy.
With Platinum Solar, you're choosing more than a service; you're choosing peace of mind. We're licensed and insured and offer round-the-clock support to customers throughout Utah and Idaho, ensuring your journey toward electrification and green power is smooth and hassle-free. Our team's dedication to energy efficiency doesn't stop at solar panels; we're committed to helping you create a home that's a beacon of sustainability and efficiency. With our expert guidance, you'll see how solar battery storage can play a pivotal role in this journey.
To learn more about solar batteries, how they work, and how they can help you save money and power, call our Logan solar battery storage experts at (435) 710-8471 and request your free estimate!
Do Solar Panels Come with Their Own Battery Storage?
While some may assume that solar panels automatically come with their own storage, this is not typically the case. Most solar panel systems are connected directly to the electrical grid and only include a battery storage system if specifically added to your solar package. These grid-tied systems produce power during daylight hours, with excess energy being fed back into the grid. Then, at night or during periods of low sunlight, power can be pulled from the grid as needed.
However, many homeowners now opt to include a solar battery storage system with their solar panel installation. Such a system allows for storing excess solar energy generated during the day, which can then be used during the night or other low-production periods. Having a battery storage system enhances your energy independence, can save you money on electricity costs, and ensures a more reliable power supply.
It's important to remember that adding a battery storage system will increase the upfront cost of your solar panel system. However, the enhanced energy independence and potential cost savings can make it a worthy investment. If you're considering a solar panel system, it's worth discussing the benefits of battery storage with a trusted provider like Platinum Solar.
How to Use Solar Battery Storage Systems to Better Manage Your Energy Usage
- Understand Your Energy Use Patterns: Identify when you use energy most. For many households, this is in the morning and evening. Knowing this can help you plan your energy use around your solar production and storage capacity.
- Utilize Stored Energy During Peak Times: Draw power from your battery during peak usage times or periods of high electricity rates instead of pulling from the grid. This saves on energy costs and reduces strain on the grid.
- Charge Your Battery During Off-Peak Hours: If your utility company has variable pricing, charge your battery during off-peak hours when electricity rates are lower. You can then use this stored power during peak hours when electricity rates are higher.
- Monitor Your System: Regularly check your energy usage and battery status through your system's monitoring app. This will help you understand if you need to adjust your usage or storage practices to maximize savings.
- Maintain Your Battery: Proper maintenance extends the life of your battery. Follow manufacturer guidelines for cleaning and servicing to ensure optimal performance.
- Size Your Battery Correctly: The size of your battery should correspond with your energy needs. Consult with an expert like Platinum Solar for guidance on the appropriate size for your household.
- Leverage Excess Solar Energy: During the day, if your solar panels produce more energy than your home consumes, this excess energy can be stored in your battery for later use.
- Use Energy-Efficient Appliances: Pair your solar system with energy-efficient appliances to further reduce energy consumption and maximize the benefits of your solar and storage system.
Our team has dedicated years in the industry to increase our credibility. We are licensed solar contractors in Utah. Additionally, we’ve taken part in renowned programs, earning our titles as Generac Contractors and Solman Contractors.
Save money while saving the environment! With our services, you can enjoy the benefits of using solar panels, like reduced electricity bills and clean energy 24/7 for your convenience. Best of all, you’ll reduce your carbon footprint in the world.
With nearly 2 decades of experience, our founder, Cameron Christensen, has vast experience leading one of the largest privately-held solar companies in the nation. From solar panel repair to generator repair, we cover it all!
Can a Standard Battery Storage System Be Used as an Emergency Power Source?
Yes and no. Standard battery storage systems are designed to give you a reservoir of power to use when your solar panels are not generating energy, which does cover short power outages.
However, a standard battery may not be enough to power your home through long-term outages. The amount of power available during an outage depends on your battery's capacity and your home's energy demands. Not every battery storage system can power all your home's appliances for an extended period.